Outlook Command-line switches

Monday, July 14, 2008

This post provided Outlook Support and Details about Command line Switches .The command that starts Microsoft Outlook is Outlook.exe. A command-line switch is the addition of a forward slash (/) followed by the switch name and any parameters the switch has.

How to use switches

  1. Search for the Microsoft Outlook executable file, Outlook.exe, and make a note of the path to Outlook.exe. For example, the path might be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe.
  2. Click Start, and then click Run.
  3. In the Open box, type the complete path you noted in step 1, including the file name. Press the SPACEBAR once, and then type a forward slash mark (/) followed by the switch.

For example, if you want to use the CleanReminders switch, the command you type in the Open box should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /Cleanreminders

Note Paths that include spaces between words must be enclosed in quotation marks (") and are case sensitive.

  1. To run the command, click OK.

1 Comment:

Alexis said...

I would spent a lot of hours at my computer,reason of many of my emails were crashed. By good fotune I called my friend up and told him about this problem. He advised me an interesting software - recover outlook 2003 ost file. I used the tool and was surprised because of it resolved my trouble quite fast and absolutely free as far as I remembered. Moreover I find out how the software recovers ost to pst file and saves my time and money. I advised it my friends and some relatives. Several friend thanked me for this program.